Thursday, November 4, 2010

Wow

Elder Anderson is starting to really embrace the purpose of his time in Washington.  Here are some excerpts from his last e-mail to his family:

" I can't put my finger on what was so specificaly fun [about this week] or why I enjoyed it so much. But I do think it is just me knowing I am doing what is right and I am doing the savior's work. I know that what I am doing is true and I know that I am truly blessed for it.  I am in love with doing this work and I will never forsake it. I hope that all of you know of the truthfullness of this as well as I do and that you never forsake it.  This is the only true and living gospel. Jesus Christ is my brother and my personel redeemer. He bled for every one of us and he knows the pains and the joys I have gone trhough.  He is the life and light of the world and he lives. He still lives!! He will come to this earth again. And I will be able to feel those nail holes in his hands and in his feet and I hope and pray and will continue with all my heart that I will be able to look him in the eye and say I have done my best. I have given 100% and I am worthy to enter into that kingdom with him and with my heavenly father.  And I know that even if.. Even if. I am not able to enter into that kingdom of heaven with my lord and savior He will open his arms and welcome me. He will embrace me and we will weep together for joy and for our fellow brothers and sisters. 

I am so very happy for this gospel and for what it has done for me and what it will do for me in the future.  I miss my family. I miss my friends. But I will never give this up. This work is far more important.  I forgot my planner so I don't have the scripture down right now. But I think it is in D&C 88 where it says "when you are in the service of your fellowmen... you are only in the service of your God"!!!    WOW.  I am in the service of my God.  I am so grateful to be able to do this and follow his church. I love the people here.  (Even though sometimes they ditch us and leave us out to get soaked when they don't answer the door when we have appointments).  But they are all wonderful and I pray for them with much sincerity every night."

There were no specific mentions of his investigators or funny stories, but his family thinks that this might just be the best e-mail he's sent yet!

1 comment: